Cutting costs on Volvo S80 insurance in Tacoma can seem to be nearly impossible for people who are beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a burden to find a cheaper company.
Shockingly, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Consumers in Washington could save $430 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
You should take the time to quote other rates quite often because prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Volvo S80 insurance in Tacoma on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Pricing more affordable insurance coverage in Tacoma can be fairly easy. But Washington vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies sell online.
Determine discounts on Tacoma car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting car insurance coverage on a new S80 can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, switch companies, youthful driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, multiple policy, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, multi-car, and good student.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volvo S80 rate quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Tacoma. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Volvo S80 insurance discounts in Washington, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Tacoma is to know the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if it has an alarm system, your education level, if the vehicle is leased, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To check rates for your Volvo S80 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Tacoma.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$274||$610||$310||$18||$92||$1,304||$109|
|S80 Executive AWD||$274||$690||$310||$18||$92||$1,384||$115|
|S80 V8 AWD||$360||$590||$386||$22||$116||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Volvo S80 insurance premiums for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Volvo S80 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volvo S80 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Volvo S80 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
Males pay more for insurance - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Deter vehicle theft - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Don't let your policy lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates - The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Since the Volvo S80 falls in the luxury sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost more when compared to the average rates in Tacoma. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Low coverage deductibles mean high prices - Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Volvo. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
You may save more by combining policies - Lots of insurers will give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Extra coverages may not be needed - There are many additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Volvo S80 insurance claim data - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance costs. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Volvo S80 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing a policy, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- What if I total my Volvo S80 and owe more than it's worth?
- Is my Volvo S80 covered for smoke damage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Tacoma car insurance agent
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Tacoma.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tacoma?
Choosing the best S80 insurance in Washington is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tacoma, insurance is required in Washington but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S80 with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
The cheapest Volvo S80 insurance in Tacoma can be bought from both online companies and with local Tacoma insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for low cost Tacoma auto insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Washington? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)