Searching for low-cost insurance for your Ford F-150 in Washington can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Ford and find the cheapest rates either online or from Spokane insurance agents.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Spokane six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on F-150 insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best ways to find affordable insurance in Spokane.
What Impacts Ford F-150 Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
More stress means more cost - Careers such as real estate brokers, business owners and miners are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other careers like professors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Your location is important - Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
Better auto insurance rates for being claim-free - Auto insurance companies in Washington give the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - The higher the miles on your Ford in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your F-150 can cost quite a bit.
Only buy coverage you need - Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your F-150 policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Can a thief steal your car? - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
Know your credit history - Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Ford F-150 by improving your credit score. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Liability insurance is cheap - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford F-150 - Companies analyze past claim statistics to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lowering your Ford F-150 insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Spokane, WA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$106||$152||$334||$20||$100||$712||$59|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$368||$310||$18||$92||$978||$82|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$190||$368||$310||$18||$92||$978||$82|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$120||$228||$356||$22||$106||$832||$69|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$106||$194||$334||$20||$100||$754||$63|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$290||$376||$386||$22||$116||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$260||$316||$386||$22||$116||$1,100||$92|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$290||$376||$386||$22||$116||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$186||$254||$294||$18||$88||$840||$70|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$254||$376||$294||$18||$88||$1,030||$86|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$218||$368||$334||$20||$100||$1,040||$87|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$160||$250||$310||$18||$92||$830||$69|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$228||$316||$294||$18||$88||$944||$79|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$312||$398||$24||$120||$1,086||$91|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$164||$216||$282||$16||$84||$762||$64|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$200||$268||$282||$16||$84||$850||$71|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$156||$278||$356||$22||$106||$918||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$154||$236||$300||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$124||$206||$282||$16||$84||$712||$59|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$164||$264||$282||$16||$84||$810||$68|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$304||$334||$20||$100||$938||$78|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$224||$390||$282||$16||$84||$996||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$564||$398||$24||$120||$1,424||$119|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$160||$256||$278||$16||$82||$792||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$122||$200||$278||$16||$82||$698||$58|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$198||$376||$278||$16||$82||$950||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$200||$384||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$202||$358||$300||$18||$90||$968||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$364||$540||$386||$22||$116||$1,428||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$274||$530||$310||$18||$92||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$224||$412||$384||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect insurance rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Ford F-150 premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Spokane
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
The car insurance bait and switch
Consumers in Washington can't escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all convey the message that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Spokane auto insurance quote and switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company charge less that you're paying now? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. One example of this type of risk profile may be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will get low auto insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for this ideal profile may receive higher premium rates with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great premium rates. Because of these techniques, it's extremely important to compare rate quotes every year. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have better auto insurance rates than you're paying now.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, buying car insurance is required in Washington but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford F-150 with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Spokane
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts - Spokane drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Spokane and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, driver training, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies with the best discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Spokane auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Spokane that can provide free Spokane auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Spokane should know the answers to these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been in business in Spokane?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Spokane
When looking for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Spokane can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it's important to know the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Spokane that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rich Cerenzia
1520 W Garland Ave c - Spokane, WA 99205 - (509) 326-3069 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - James Phinney
1330 N Washington St #5050 - Spokane, WA 99201 - (509) 624-5909 - View Map
- Sam Higgins - State Farm Insurance Agent
3007 E 57th Ave #4 - Spokane, WA 99223 - (509) 535-1357 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Spokane that can give you price quote information.
- Argonne Insurance
1510 N Argonne Rd h - Spokane Valley, WA 99212 - (509) 921-6809 - View Map
- Shea Insurance Agency
310 S Cedar St - Spokane, WA 99201 - (509) 838-2759 - View Map
- Wheat and Associates Insurance
1306 N Post St - Spokane, WA 99201 - (509) 922-2937 - View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in Spokane. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Spokane auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap Ford F-150 insurance in Spokane can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Spokane, so you need to quote Spokane auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much are Washington Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Washington? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Kent, Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kennewick, Washington? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)