Are you a victim of overpriced Ford Fusion insurance in Seattle? Believe me, there are lots of Seattle residents who feel the same.
It's amazing but most consumers in Washington kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket almost $850 a year, but they think it's difficult to go online and compare rates. Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you to get prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Seattle is quite easy as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, the company's rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to perform this step if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you're receiving a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$318||$334||$20||$100||$932||$78|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$610||$384||$22||$114||$1,404||$117|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$442||$354||$20||$106||$1,122||$94|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$322||$384||$22||$114||$994||$83|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$284||$386||$22||$116||$990||$83|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$370||$384||$22||$114||$1,060||$88|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$516||$398||$24||$120||$1,316||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Ford Fusion annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Fusion insurance in Seattle
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that many people don't even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Seattle. If you would like to view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Fusion in Seattle, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Fusion, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford Fusion?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance quotes from local Seattle insurance agencies
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will return price quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Seattle that may be able to provide rate quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Seattle.
George Fu - State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE - Seattle, WA 98115 - (206) 524-0330 - View Map
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Fusion from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Fusion in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, medical services, bail bonds and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, vandalism and hitting a bird. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.