Are you tired of overpaying and want lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Vancouver? Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don't sweat it because many Vancouver drivers have buyer's remorse.
It's hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Washington can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate persitently shower you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
Companies offering Chevy Cruze insurance in Washington
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
The Chevy Cruze Insurance Price Equation
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates - Occupations like judges, police officers, and medical professionals have the highest rates in part from high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles - The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- How many miles do you drive? - The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Cruze may be costing you. Double check that your car insurance policy states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Chevy Cruze claim probability - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Vancouver car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Chevrolet Cruze insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and driver's education.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, distant student, multi-car, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and driver training.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Vancouver. To locate providers with the best Chevy Cruze insurance discounts in Vancouver, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Vancouver car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Vancouver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Vancouver?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found a company that will service your policy.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads convey the message that people will save just by switching your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? Here is how they do it.
Companies require specific criteria for the driver that will be a good risk. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be over age 30, owns a home, and does not commute to work. Any new insured who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Vancouver and most likely will save if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will get higher rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great prices. This emphasizes why drivers should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you could use an agent's help.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Vancouver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper insurance in Vancouver is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Vancouver agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Washington? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)