Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price.
It's a good habit to compare rates before your policy renews because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Seattle a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. We hope to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and also pocket some savings Vehicle owners just need to know the quickest way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
Don't overlook these ten Chevy Silverado insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperwork-free - Certain larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, ease of repair, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for pay in full, early shopping, switch companies, distant student, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate offers discounts including multi-policy, farm vehicle, anti-theft, resident student, new car, teenSMART discount, and premier plus.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. For a list of companies who offer online Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Washington, click this link.
Most companies make it easy to get coverage prices online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Silverado insurance in Seattle is pretty easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you submit the form their system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Seattle makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for a lower rate.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$194||$362||$404||$24||$120||$1,104||$92|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$190||$388||$334||$20||$100||$1,032||$86|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$160||$318||$376||$22||$112||$988||$82|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$208||$354||$344||$20||$102||$1,028||$86|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$178||$350||$384||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$224||$442||$356||$22||$106||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$230||$422||$344||$20||$102||$1,118||$93|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$228||$384||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$302||$278||$16||$82||$838||$70|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$154||$278||$340||$20||$102||$894||$75|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$376||$334||$20||$100||$1,010||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$512||$434||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$274||$610||$434||$26||$130||$1,474||$123|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$420||$356||$22||$106||$1,108||$92|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$164||$310||$320||$18||$96||$908||$76|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$326||$540||$386||$22||$116||$1,390||$116|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$122||$272||$278||$16||$82||$770||$64|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$246||$510||$334||$20||$100||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates by gender
The example below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Seattle
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Seattle are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
- George Fu - State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE - Seattle, WA 98115 - (206) 524-0330 - View Map
- Alex Bagdasarov - State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 - Seattle, WA 98105 - (206) 946-1986 - View Map
- Andy Hubbard - State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a - Seattle, WA 98107 - (206) 789-4211 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Seattle independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 - Seattle, WA 98134 - (206) 682-9990 - View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St - Seattle, WA 98105 - (206) 783-4024 - View Map
- Seattle Insurance
2414 SW Andover St - Seattle, WA 98106 - (206) 937-4613 - View Map
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Silverado has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision - This coverage pays for damage to your Silverado resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Silverado in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Silverado.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance - Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, medical expenses, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Cheap insurance prices are available
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
As you quote Seattle car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Seattle can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kennewick, Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Washington? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)