Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Nissan Maxima insurance in Tacoma? Wish you could get out of high-priced Nissan Maxima insurance in Tacoma? Don't sweat it because there are many Tacoma drivers thinking the same thing.
Sad but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Tacoma consumers could save an average of $400 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Tacoma drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tacoma car insurance quote as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Tacoma could trigger savings on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Resident Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tacoma without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Tacoma car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state.
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually easier than you may think. You just have to take time comparing rates to discover which company has the cheapest Nissan Maxima rate quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Nissan Maxima insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the personal advice that only an agent can give. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$200||$358||$310||$18||$92||$978||$82|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$182||$356||$282||$16||$84||$920||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Maxima yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Maxima book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Tacoma.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Tacoma car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you feel you receive positive feedback as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurer that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage any time you want so don't assume that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Nissan Maxima insurance in Tacoma. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tacoma car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Tacoma car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Washington can be found on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Washington Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Washington Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Business Use in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Washington? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)