Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Toyota Corolla insurance in Tacoma? Paying cheap prices for Toyota Corolla insurance in Tacoma may be a challenge for drivers new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can be a difficult challenge to find cheaper rates in Washington.
It's amazing but over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves approximately $859 a year, but they just don't understand the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding quotes for the cheapest protection in Tacoma is simple if you know the tricks. Nearly anyone who is overpaying for insurance most likely will be able to save money. Although Washington drivers must understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
Best Toyota Corolla insurance price quotes in Washington
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage in Tacoma
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Corolla insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Corolla claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Toyota Corolla insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower-cost Tacoma car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tacoma auto insurance online.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Tacoma Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, good student, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, and business or organization.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, defensive driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, theft prevention, and early bird.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, air bag, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Toyota Corolla rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To choose insurance companies who offer online Toyota Corolla insurance quotes in Washington, follow this link.
Do I need an agent?
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Tacoma.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Car insurance agents in Tacoma come in two varieties
When researching a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in Tacoma that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Brokers
621 Pacific Ave # 400 - Tacoma, WA 98402 - (253) 272-3800 - View Map
- Toso Insurance Group
711 St Helens Ave #207a - Tacoma, WA 98402 - (253) 447-7212 - View Map
- Tom Snead Insurance Agency
2710 N Huson St - Tacoma, WA 98407 - (253) 214-5200 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Tacoma exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Tony Brooks State Farm Insurance
12001 Pacific Ave S - Tacoma, WA 98444 - (253) 537-1444 - View Map
- Diane Hagen - State Farm Insurance Agent
3401 6th Ave i - Tacoma, WA 98406 - (253) 752-9920 - View Map
- Reggie Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2405 N Pearl St #10 - Tacoma, WA 98406 - (253) 752-1777 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tacoma?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Lower rates by being persistent
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Toyota Corolla insurance premium rates in Tacoma. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced insurance in Tacoma can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Tacoma auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Washington Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Kennewick, Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Bellevue, WA? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)