Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Tacoma? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Tacoma can consume your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Tacoma could pocket almost 40% a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
You have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to actually drive to local Tacoma insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent. Keep in mind that more quotes helps you find better pricing. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so it's necessary to compare prices from them, too.
The following companies provide quotes in Tacoma, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$228||$304||$18||$90||$820||$68|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$312||$398||$24||$120||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$220||$388||$398||$24||$120||$1,150||$96|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$368||$334||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$106||$194||$310||$18||$92||$720||$60|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$182||$304||$18||$90||$722||$60|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$122||$204||$334||$20||$100||$780||$65|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$138||$228||$356||$22||$106||$850||$71|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$356||$384||$22||$114||$1,094||$91|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$230||$346||$304||$18||$90||$988||$82|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$250||$300||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$220||$310||$300||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$144||$216||$282||$16||$84||$742||$62|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$194||$310||$18||$92||$750||$63|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$158||$198||$294||$18||$88||$756||$63|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$234||$290||$304||$18||$90||$936||$78|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$286||$472||$398||$24||$120||$1,300||$108|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$182||$242||$386||$22||$116||$948||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$380||$398||$24||$120||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$202||$304||$300||$18||$90||$914||$76|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$526||$356||$22||$106||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$220||$380||$278||$16||$82||$976||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$384||$386||$22||$116||$1,202||$100|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$180||$318||$334||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$180||$318||$334||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$158||$284||$294||$18||$88||$842||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$136||$294||$334||$20||$100||$884||$74|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$326||$540||$386||$22||$116||$1,390||$116|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$290||$496||$304||$18||$90||$1,198||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$138||$242||$282||$16||$84||$762||$64|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$326||$452||$386||$22||$116||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can change price quotes substantially.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford F-150 premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tacoma, buying insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your F-150, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Ford and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Tacoma car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not list all discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Tacoma could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, early bird, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, save driver, good student, new car, driver training, home ownership, and payment discounts.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, good student, business and professional, switch companies, and multi-car.
- USAA discounts include defensive driver, vehicle storage, military installation, driver training, family discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, newly retired, teen driver discount, multi-car, safety features, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Tacoma auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Tacoma. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tacoma, follow this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Tacoma may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Tacoma exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Tacoma independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Freedom Insurance Services LLC
4002 Tacoma Mall Blvd #102 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 475-3200 - View Map
Car insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
Don't give up on cheap premiums
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in Tacoma. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Spokane Valley, WA? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)