No one in their right mind fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves roughly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Spokane.
The Chevy Cruze Insurance Cost Equation
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Maintain car insurance coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Lots of insurers will award discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Your gender affects prices - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Type of car determines base prices - The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Since the Chevrolet Cruze falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Spokane. Low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Tough employer may mean higher rates - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as judges, police officers, and accountants have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Single drivers may get higher rates - Having a spouse actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Chevy Cruze insurance claim data - Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Spokane is to realize car insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as your education level, your occupation, coverage limits, and if it has an alarm system. Your information is then sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Spokane.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Spokane, WA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Chevy vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Spokane, paying for car insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cruze, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Cruze definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Spokane with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Safety - Passing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Telematics Devices - Spokane drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Distant Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free - Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your overall bill.
A few companies that may include these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Spokane auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Spokane. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Washington, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Spokane who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Spokane should have no problem answering these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Spokane auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)