Searching for more competitive Hyundai Elantra insurance in Tacoma? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to make your car insurance payment? You are no different than many other Washington drivers.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Tacoma can cut their rates by almost $400 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute best rate on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Tacoma.
To find cheaper Tacoma car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from many different Washington insurance companies. The simplest method to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to different Tacoma agent offices. Quoting and buying Hyundai Elantra insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional advice that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$138||$250||$284||$16||$84||$772||$64|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$328||$356||$22||$106||$932||$78|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$294||$334||$20||$100||$870||$73|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,184||$99|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$122||$236||$284||$16||$84||$742||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in your specific Tacoma location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents raise Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower-cost Tacoma car insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used Elantra can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts - Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Elantra insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see providers who offer online Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes in Tacoma, click this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Tacoma, get answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Tacoma?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tacoma?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you want to use a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Tacoma can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Tacoma that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Larson Financial and Insurance
15 S Oregon Ave #207 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 474-1521 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tacoma that can give you price quotes.
Freedom Insurance Services LLC
4002 Tacoma Mall Blvd #102 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 475-3200 - View Map
How much insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Informed Drivers Can Save Money
It's important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
Low credit rating equals high premiums - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Elantra by repairing your credit.
Does insurance coverage cost less for women? - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Single vs. married - Having a significant other actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Prices go up with performance - The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Hyundai Elantra is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Tacoma.
Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers rates - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Does your occupation cost you more? - Jobs like real estate brokers, police officers, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest rates due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
Liability insurance safeguards assets - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage - The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Elantra is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Elantra - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Elantra Models
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Elantra GT||95||91||95||112||114||107|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Elantra in Tacoma, maintaining insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Hyundai. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Hyundai gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote more to save more
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Hyundai Elantra insurance car insurance rates in Tacoma. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Tacoma car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Discount Hyundai Elantra insurance in Tacoma can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Tacoma agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Seattle, WA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Washington? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Yakima, Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Washington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)