I doubt anyone is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save almost 46.5% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare company pricing for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Tacoma.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Tacoma on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Choosing the best rates in Tacoma is quite easy. In essence, each driver who needs more affordable insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. But Washington car owners do need to know how insurance companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Cheap companies for Chevy Tahoe insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Tacoma, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$206||$380||$398||$24||$120||$1,128||$94|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$144||$222||$304||$18||$90||$778||$65|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$154||$236||$300||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$234||$354||$304||$18||$90||$1,000||$83|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$318||$664||$398||$24||$120||$1,524||$127|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$124||$242||$282||$16||$84||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premiums noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Chevy Tahoe Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Big cities mean more claims - Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Washington areas tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Your credit score is important - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Tahoe if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are usually for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Tahoe falls in the standard SUV class, insurance will be slightly more compared to average rates in Tacoma.
Gals tend to cost less - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Tickets hurt - Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Chevy Tahoe claim probability - Companies use data from past claims when determining insurance costs. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Tahoe vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet Tahoe Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 2WD||82||90||105||70||63||88|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4WD||83||89||103||68||62||80|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don't list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tacoma auto insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Tacoma can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Tahoe insurance premium.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, bundle, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for ease of repair, multi-car, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Tacoma. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Tacoma who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Tacoma for you
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Tacoma that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Larson Financial and Insurance
15 S Oregon Ave #207 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 474-1521 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Tacoma that can give you price quotes.
9923 75th St SW - Tacoma, WA 98498 - (253) 584-9526 - View Map
Roe Insurance Services LLC
7642 Pacific Ave - Tacoma, WA 98408 - (253) 472-3977 - View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When buying a policy, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my Chevy Tahoe need full coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More effort can pay off
Budget-friendly insurance in Tacoma can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Tacoma. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Washington? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)