Would you like to find cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Spokane? Locating cheaper insurance for your Ford Fusion in Washington can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Ford and find the lowest possible price.
You need to compare rates quite often because insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest quotes on Ford Fusion insurance in Spokane a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to show you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these tips to save money while maintaining coverages. Comparison shopping for cheaper policy in Spokane can be fairly easy. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop for auto insurance online.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Spokane is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like how your vehicles are used, if you have a valid license, level of coverage desired, and any included safety features. Your insurance information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To compare cheaper Ford Fusion insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Spokane.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$448||$334||$20||$100||$1,120||$93|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$530||$334||$20||$100||$1,230||$103|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$338||$416||$24||$124||$1,038||$87|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$412||$384||$22||$114||$1,132||$94|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$278||$300||$18||$90||$840||$70|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$610||$334||$20||$100||$1,338||$112|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$572||$304||$18||$90||$1,274||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender in Spokane
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Ford Fusion insurance prices for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no written rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Fusion claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Spokane insurance discounts for a Ford Fusion
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Spokane are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's important to point out how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Spokane who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Guido Spada
9992 N Newport Hwy - Spokane, WA 99218 - (509) 465-1606 - View Map
- Charlie Flager - State Farm Insurance Agent
12204 N Division St #1a - Spokane, WA 99218 - (509) 465-5565 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Linda Bain
1717 W Francis Ave - Spokane, WA 99205 - (509) 326-0292 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Spokane independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Century Insurance Agency
1406 N Pines Rd - Spokane Valley, WA 99206 - (509) 924-4424 - View Map
- Argonne Insurance
1510 N Argonne Rd h - Spokane Valley, WA 99212 - (509) 921-6809 - View Map
- Boyd Insurance Brokerage Inc
103 E Sprague Ave - Spokane, WA 99202 - (509) 340-2693 - View Map
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Frequent policy claims will increase rates - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see higher rates. Companies in Washington generally give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Add-on coverages could be costing you - Insurance companies have many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Prices go up with performance - The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Due to the fact that the Ford Fusion is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Spokane. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Liability is critical - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
High stress vocation may mean higher prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, architects and dentists tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Ford Fusion claim probability - Companies study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Spokane, buying insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Fusion with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Fusion and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Fusion definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for car insurance, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Some car insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies. Cost effective Ford Fusion insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Spokane, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Shoreline, Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Washington? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)