Nobody looks forward to paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of insureds in Washington have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company. Consumers have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers need to compare premium rates on a regular basis since insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Honda Civic insurance in Spokane a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out one of the best ways to get good coverage on Honda Civic insurance in Spokane at a lower rate.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing Honda Civic insurance rates online is fairly straightforward because it's just a matter of typing in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote determined by many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find affordable rates.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$380||$398||$24||$120||$1,102||$92|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$610||$384||$22||$114||$1,342||$112|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$466||$334||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$94||$236||$346||$20||$104||$800||$67|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$350||$398||$24||$120||$1,028||$86|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$448||$398||$24||$120||$1,170||$98|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$106||$320||$416||$24||$124||$990||$83|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$536||$334||$20||$100||$1,186||$99|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$536||$334||$20||$100||$1,186||$99|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$536||$416||$24||$124||$1,296||$108|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$412||$310||$18||$92||$992||$83|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$230||$572||$380||$22||$114||$1,318||$110|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$448||$398||$24||$120||$1,222||$102|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$180||$490||$416||$24||$124||$1,234||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premiums noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Honda Civic insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates by gender and age in Spokane
The diagram below shows the difference between Honda Civic car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Spokane Civic insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda Civic, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Washington drivers can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing of big savings just by moving your insurance policy to them.
How do they all charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
Most companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For example, this type of driver could be a female over age 40, owns their home, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Spokane and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not fit this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements. Because of these techniques, you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Check for these discounts on Honda Civic insurance in Spokane
Some insurers don't list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Spokane auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount - Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Distant Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Spokane auto insurance quote when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Remember that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, Switch & Save, online shopper, good driver, and homeowner.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, driver training, good student, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Spokane, click here to view.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Spokane that can provide free Spokane auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you're trying to find a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Spokane exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Spokane who can help you get price quote information.
Quote more to save more
When shopping online for insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Honda Civic insurance in Spokane. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Spokane auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Washington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Bellevue, WA? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)