Want more affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Vancouver? Sick and tired of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Washington.
Unfortunately, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in Washington could save as much as 40% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. People have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to adequately compare rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Vancouver.
Best companies for Honda CR-V insurance
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Vancouver, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$246||$464||$338||$20||$102||$1,170||$98|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$222||$376||$250||$14||$76||$938||$78|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$118||$194||$256||$16||$76||$660||$55|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$142||$212||$236||$14||$70||$674||$56|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$144||$216||$240||$14||$72||$686||$57|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$196||$324||$284||$16||$84||$904||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific Vancouver garaging location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below shows the difference between Honda CR-V insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Lower Your Vancouver Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- File claims and pay more - If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Washington award the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Many insurers afford a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed - There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Insurance policy lapses raise prices - Letting your insurance expire can be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- How much liability insurance - Liability coverage will protect you if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
- Honda CR-V claim statistics - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Honda CR-V Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance companies don't list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Vancouver car insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Vancouver car insurance but check with your company.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Vancouver can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Car insurance companies that have most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Vancouver.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Vancouver car insurance agents
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Vancouver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Vancouver who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Best car insurance agent in Vancouver
When looking for a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agents in Vancouver are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Vancouver who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Vancouver willing to provide rate quotes.
Deciding on a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Vancouver, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Vancouver?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Be persistent to save money
When you buy Vancouver car insurance online, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Honda CR-V insurance prices online in Vancouver. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)