Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive Nissan Altima insurance in Tacoma? No sane person is fond of buying car insurance, particularly when they could get a better deal.
It's astonishing, but most consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Tacoma drivers can save up to 40% each year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Nissan Altima insurance in Tacoma is to know the trick most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as if your license is active, your job, if you're married, and how much coverage you want. Your information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheap Nissan Altima insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Tacoma, WA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$384||$386||$22||$116||$1,168||$97|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$358||$310||$18||$92||$938||$78|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$364||$294||$18||$88||$972||$81|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$448||$314||$18||$94||$1,094||$91|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$376||$278||$16||$82||$950||$79|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$320||$340||$20||$102||$936||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence prices considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Altima settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Where to set your deductibles
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can change Nissan Altima annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
These discounts can cut Nissan Altima insurance rates
Some companies don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with all your vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paperless Signup - Many larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable data collection to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and membership and employees.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, new car, and payment discounts.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find cheaper Tacoma car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Washington, click here.
Insuring your Nissan Altima just makes sense
Even though Tacoma Altima insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan Altima, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Altima more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Buying insurance from Tacoma insurance agents
Some consumers just want to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tacoma.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tacoma who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are Tacoma car insurance companies that are able to give price quotes for Nissan Altima insurance in Tacoma.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Tacoma should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Tacoma?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tacoma?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found a company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage when you choose so don't think you're contractually obligated to any specific company for the full term.