When looking for lower-priced insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies that you can choose from? Lot's of other drivers are too. You have so many companies available that it can be a burden to find the best prices for Honda Pilot insurance in Tacoma. If you've ever been there, you know that Tacoma is an awesome place to live, but finding the money to pay for car insurance can make it very difficult to purchase enough protection.
Shocking but true, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Tacoma drivers could save an average of up to 40% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Pilot insurance in Tacoma a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the best ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local Tacoma auto insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it's important to compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tacoma, WA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$136||$194||$300||$18||$90||$738||$62|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$234||$290||$304||$18||$90||$936||$78|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$158||$198||$294||$18||$88||$756||$63|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$286||$458||$294||$18||$88||$1,144||$95|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$294||$384||$386||$22||$116||$1,202||$100|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$180||$318||$334||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$158||$242||$294||$18||$88||$800||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter rates significantly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims impact Honda Pilot auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get lower premium rates.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of companies will provide an incentive for completing your application digitally online.
- Multi-car Discount - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers includes discounts for IntelliDrive, payment discounts, new car, driver training, good student, student away at school, and early quote.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, good student, early bird, mySafetyValet, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, good student, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Tacoma. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Tacoma, click this link.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When buying your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Washington?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Tacoma that can give you free Tacoma auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Where are claims handled?
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Tacoma can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tacoma that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Douglas Schmidli
215 Garfield St S #1b - Tacoma, WA 98444 - (253) 582-5125 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jerry Hallman
1106 S Yakima Ave - Tacoma, WA 98405 - (253) 272-1843 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dominic Batten
15711 Pacific Ave S - Tacoma, WA 98444 - (253) 722-2886 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Tacoma willing to provide price quotes.
- Washington SR22 Insurance - Select Insurance Group
I-705 - Tacoma, WA 98402 - (877) 949-7873 - View Map
- Freedom Insurance Services LLC
4002 Tacoma Mall Blvd #102 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 475-3200 - View Map
- American Underwriters Insurance
6429 S Tacoma Way - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 473-1415 - View Map