How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Jaguar XF insurance in Tacoma? I can't think of a single person who likes buying insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
Unbelievably, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save an average of $859 each year, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes.
Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. Choosing the best rates in Tacoma is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Washington car owners must know the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
It's important to know that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide online price quotes, so it's important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$678||$356||$22||$106||$1,472||$123|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$578||$310||$18||$92||$1,270||$106|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$678||$334||$20||$100||$1,428||$119|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$574||$300||$18||$90||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in zip code location which can alter prices noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Jaguar XF insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tacoma auto insurance online.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to look at driving habits remotely such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, and driver's education.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, DriveSense, anti-theft, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Tacoma.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Tacoma.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Tacoma who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Tacoma that can give you rate quotes for Jaguar XF insurance in Tacoma.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How many years have they been established?
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
What Determines Jaguar XF Insurance Costs?
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
More performance means higher prices - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Jaguar XF falls in the luxury sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost more when compared to the average rates in Tacoma.
Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Only buy incidental coverages you need - Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Higher premiums for specific employers - Jobs like military personnel, business owners and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like actors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Urban residents pay more - Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Jaguar XF claim probability - Insurers use historical loss data to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the historical loss data for Jaguar XF vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XF Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD||169||101||191||98|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD||206||83||152|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jaguar XF in Tacoma, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar XF, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Jaguar XF and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays more than $800 each year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare but don't skimp
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Jaguar XF insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
Cheaper Jaguar XF insurance in Tacoma is definitely available from both online companies and with local Tacoma insurance agents, so you need to quote Tacoma auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Washington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)