Trying to find the cheapest Nissan Altima insurance in Vancouver? No one gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Vancouver drivers can cut their rates by almost $430 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. Since drivers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Nissan Altima insurance in Vancouver takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including if you are currently licensed, whether you drive to work or school, driver details, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Vancouver.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Vancouver, WA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$284||$304||$18||$90||$864||$72|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,184||$99|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$512||$384||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$310||$320||$18||$96||$908||$76|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$278||$310||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$610||$376||$22||$112||$1,366||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Vancouver
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Altima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Nissan Altima insurance prices for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on Vancouver car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents influence Nissan Altima car insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Nissan Altima insurance in Vancouver
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies provide a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, safe driver, paperless, company car, good student, and paid in full.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, early bird, mySafetyValet, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance discounts include safety device, online quote, claim free, online shopper, defensive driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
When getting free Vancouver car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in every state. To locate providers offering insurance discounts in Washington, click this link.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Vancouver who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Vancouver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Vancouver exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Vancouver that can give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Columbia Insurance Group LLC
8000 NE Parkway Dr #150 - Vancouver, WA 98662 - (360) 892-3998 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Nissan Altima Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Little extras can really add up - Policies have extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Where you live - Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Gender and auto insurance - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. They both get in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- You might pay more if you are single - Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- How much liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Altima if you clean up your credit.
- File a car insurance claims and pay more - Insurance companies in Washington give lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance losses for a Nissan Altima - Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Altima Vehicles
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Washington
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Altima, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Washington is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More effort can pay off
Low-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Vancouver is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Nissan Altima insurance in Vancouver. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Vancouver car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)