Did a good deal turn into overpriced Porsche Cayenne insurance in Tacoma? Don't feel bad because many Tacoma drivers feel the same as you.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance policyholders in Washington kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in the United States can cut their rates by nearly $860 a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Having so many different company options, it's nearly impossible to locate the cheapest company.
Comparing rates for the best car insurance policy in Tacoma is actually quite simple. Essentially every vehicle owner who is shopping for car insurance should find a better price. Nevertheless, Washington vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparison shopping, quoting more increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Tacoma, WA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$216||$440||$278||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$288||$602||$278||$16||$82||$1,266||$106|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$364||$682||$300||$18||$90||$1,454||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact price quotes considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayenne car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Porsche Cayenne yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get lower-cost rates by earning these nine discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current Cayenne insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Tacoma car insurance quotes online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Tacoma drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could earn cheaper prices.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for signing up on your computer.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, alternative fuel, teen driver, homeowner, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, paperless, teen driver, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, new vehicle, annual mileage, and family discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Tacoma, click this link.
Local agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tacoma.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Tacoma who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Tacoma are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tacoma who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Butler Insurance Services Incorporated
4527 S Orchard St W - Tacoma, WA 98466 - (253) 336-8900 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tacoma willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Cayenne in Tacoma, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Porsche Cayenne with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Porsche for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Porsche and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Porsche gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverages - This coverage covers damage to your Cayenne resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Cayenne to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like surgery, funeral costs, chiropractic care and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Porsche Cayenne.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive protection - This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, damage from flooding, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverages - This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
As you quote Tacoma car insurance, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Porsche Cayenne insurance rates online in Tacoma. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Porsche Cayenne rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Washington Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Vancouver, Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Seniors in Washington? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)