How many years has it been since you compared more affordable Nissan Quest insurance in Tacoma? No sane person loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in America could pocket about $850 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies. Due to the increasing number of choices for buying affordable insurance for a Nissan Quest in Tacoma, it is very difficult to choose the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Low-cost Nissan insurance rates in Tacoma
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Tacoma, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Tacoma
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Your car's features help determine insurance rates - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
- A insurance lapse can increase prices - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
- Your gender affects rates - Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females are in accidents at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Accidents can be expensive - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Just one moving violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Use credit responsibly and save - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining your rates. People with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Quest by improving your credit score.
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles - Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Quest Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Nissan Quest insurance in Tacoma with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used Quest can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tacoma car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Tacoma car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tacoma, follow this link.
Local Tacoma auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Tacoma.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tacoma who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Tacoma who can help you get price quote information for Nissan Quest insurance in Tacoma.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Tacoma, get answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Nissan Quest insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is available on the following sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Washington Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Auburn, WA? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Tacoma, Washington? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)