Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Washington consumers.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Seattle can cut their rates by approximately 40% a year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes. Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rates possible on Honda CR-V insurance in Seattle.
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda CR-V insurance in Seattle is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once entered, their rating system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get affordable rates.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$246||$464||$338||$20||$102||$1,170||$98|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$212||$426||$326||$20||$98||$1,082||$90|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$154||$288||$326||$20||$98||$886||$74|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$246||$368||$256||$16||$76||$962||$80|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$198||$320||$240||$14||$72||$844||$70|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$290||$376||$328||$20||$98||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can alter rates significantly.
Honda CR-V insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below shows the difference between Honda CR-V auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda CR-V settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
These discounts can lower Honda CR-V insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- College Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Seattle is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. But any discount will definitely lower your car insurance premiums.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for type of vehicle, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, good student, multi-car, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Allstate may include discounts for premier plus, passive restraint, farm vehicle, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Seattle. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click here.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Washington
Despite the high cost, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Honda but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays more than $850 per year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Buying insurance from Seattle auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking an company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you would like to find local Seattle agents, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Andy Hubbard - State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a - Seattle, WA 98107 - (206) 789-4211 - View Map
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.