Getting low-cost Seattle Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat intimidating for beginners to buying their auto insurance online. With such a big selection of agents and insurance companies available, how can you have a chance to compare all the different companies and get the cheapest available price?
Unfortunately, the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Seattle drivers could save themselves 40% a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices as often as possible because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Seattle six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find better coverage on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Seattle at a better price.
Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes comparison
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$518||$434||$26||$130||$1,352||$113|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$310||$436||$26||$130||$1,114||$93|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$384||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$358||$350||$20||$104||$992||$83|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$278||$376||$22||$112||$910||$76|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$556||$376||$22||$112||$1,312||$109|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$420||$404||$24||$120||$1,172||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can alter coverage rates substantially.
Where to set your deductibles
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Hyundai Sonata annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Determine discounts to get cheap Seattle car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Sonata insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Seattle car insurance quotes online.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver's education, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, farm vehicle, early signing, anti-lock brakes, new car, and auto/life discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. For a list of car insurance companies with the best Hyundai Sonata insurance discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Washington
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Sonata in Seattle, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sonata has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Hyundai Sonata?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Seattle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many companies do they write for?
When searching for a local agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Seattle are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Luan Vu - State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 - Seattle, WA 98118 - (206) 243-3041 - View Map
- Alex Bagdasarov - State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 - Seattle, WA 98105 - (206) 946-1986 - View Map
- Olivia Crelencia - State Farm Insurance Agent
502 Rainier Ave S Ste 102 - Seattle, WA 98144 - (206) 725-2424 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 - Seattle, WA 98101 - (206) 621-6444 - View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE - Seattle, WA 98115 - (206) 523-8660 - View Map
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 838-9450 - View Map
If you receive good feedback and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Just keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for any length of time.