How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for the cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Tacoma? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other vehicle owners in Washington.
Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save approximately 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find affordable insurance rates. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best price available on Buick Regal insurance in Tacoma.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Tacoma can initially seem challenging. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Buick Regal insurance in Washington
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Companies don't always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Tacoma car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, early bird, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, driver training, save driver, multi-car, home ownership, continuous insurance, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, new vehicle, loyalty savings, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly married, exclusive group savings, good student, new graduate, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and safety features.
If you need affordable Tacoma car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state.
Local Tacoma insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Tacoma.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Tacoma who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a good Tacoma insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Tacoma can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you contact a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Tacoma that can give you price quote information.
Freedom Insurance Services LLC
4002 Tacoma Mall Blvd #102 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 475-3200 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tacoma that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tacoma?
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
When searching for low cost Tacoma car insurance quotes, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Tacoma can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Washington? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Auburn, WA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Washington Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much is Washington Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Washington? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)