When searching for cheaper insurance, do you get frustrated by the crazy number of insurance companies in Tacoma? Lot's of other people are too. You have so many companies available that it can be more work than you anticipated to compare premium rates on Dodge Ram insurance. Lots of people think Tacoma is an excellent city in which to live, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it hard for many residents to buy full coverage.
It's hard to believe, but over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save up to 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
You need to check insurance prices as often as possible because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Tacoma two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to show you one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Dodge Ram insurance in Tacoma is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether you have decent credit, the ages of drivers, which vehicles you own, and how much you drive. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Tacoma.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tacoma, WA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$182||$292||$404||$24||$120||$1,022||$85|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$136||$236||$376||$22||$112||$882||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$238||$310||$436||$26||$130||$1,140||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$246||$448||$376||$22||$112||$1,204||$100|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$180||$304||$350||$20||$104||$958||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$158||$242||$334||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$158||$242||$334||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,492||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$124||$206||$320||$18||$96||$764||$64|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$172||$278||$340||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$200||$358||$350||$20||$104||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$310||$530||$340||$20||$102||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$312||$620||$404||$24||$120||$1,480||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$260||$416||$344||$20||$102||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$246||$448||$314||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$138||$242||$320||$18||$96||$814||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$274||$556||$376||$22||$112||$1,340||$112|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$310||$530||$340||$20||$102||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$180||$348||$314||$18||$94||$954||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$310||$610||$340||$20||$102||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in Tacoma location which can alter prices significantly.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Get cheaper rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Tacoma with these insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tacoma car insurance online.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Tacoma car insurance quote.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may include most of the discounts above are:
Double check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Washington, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Tacoma car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Tacoma are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Tacoma that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Larry Kalahiki Agency
6704 Tacoma Mall Blvd #111 - Tacoma, WA 98409 - (253) 254-5571 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Ruth Dalenius
2112 N 30th St E - Tacoma, WA 98403 - (253) 565-4874 - View Map
- Paul Rohrbaugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7701 S Hosmer St b - Tacoma, WA 98408 - (253) 475-0693 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Tacoma that can give you price quotes.
- Toso Insurance Group
711 St Helens Ave #207a - Tacoma, WA 98402 - (253) 447-7212 - View Map
- Roe Insurance Services LLC
7642 Pacific Ave - Tacoma, WA 98408 - (253) 472-3977 - View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
1901 S 72nd St - Tacoma, WA 98408 - (253) 830-2631 - View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.