Purchasing low-cost Vancouver Ford Fusion insurance quotes may seem to be rather challenging for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices on the web. With such a large number of agents and online companies available, how are we expected to have time to compare all the different companies and get better insurance prices?
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in America could save almost 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don't invest the time required to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Vancouver is to know the trick most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like if you lease or own, whether you are single or married, the year, make and model of vehicles, and how your vehicles are used. Your insurance information is then sent to multiple companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Vancouver.
The following companies provide free quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$458||$294||$18||$88||$1,112||$93|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$620||$356||$22||$106||$1,384||$115|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$714||$446||$26||$134||$1,600||$133|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$610||$384||$22||$114||$1,404||$117|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$328||$356||$22||$106||$968||$81|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$432||$278||$16||$82||$1,028||$86|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$510||$334||$20||$100||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can impact rates noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can drive up Ford Fusion car insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Fusion book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Ford Fusion annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
These ten discounts can slash Ford Fusion insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Vancouver can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Accidents - Vancouver drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Vancouver car insurance quote when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Fusion may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver's education.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, 55 and older, homeowners, student driver, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Vancouver. To see auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Vancouver insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Vancouver.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Vancouver who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Vancouver agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Vancouver that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Huff Insurance Inc
2016 Broadway St - Vancouver, WA 98663 - (360) 696-2525 - View Map
- Pickett Insurance Agency
8316 E Mill Plain Blvd - Vancouver, WA 98664 - (360) 695-3468 - View Map
- Tinney Insurance Agency
3925 NE 72nd Ave #104 - Vancouver, WA 98661 - (971) 266-0432 - View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Vancouver who can help you get price quotes.
- Javier Navarro - State Farm Insurance Agent
5930 E 4th Plain Blvd #103 - Vancouver, WA 98661 - (360) 713-6330 - View Map
- Terry Cornelius - State Farm Insurance Agent
301 E McLoughlin Blvd b - Vancouver, WA 98663 - (360) 695-4408 - View Map
- Shawn Vorrath - State Farm Insurance Agent
6713 NE 63rd St #103 - Vancouver, WA 98661 - (360) 735-1452 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Vancouver?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Protect your Fusion and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Fusion, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Fusion but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance - This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, repair bills for other people's vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, vandalism, hail damage and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like nursing services, funeral costs, dental work and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM Coverage - This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Fusion.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Washington), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverages - Collision insurance covers damage to your Fusion resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Fusion to get cheaper collision coverage.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Lower-priced Ford Fusion insurance in Vancouver is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many ideas to reduce Ford Fusion insurance auto insurance rates online in Vancouver. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Washington Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Washington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Washington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Washington Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)